Spring Conference Virtual Parade of Banners
For our 2017 Spring Conference, District 46 will be presenting a Virtual Parade of Banners in place of the actual parade. This will allow everyone to enjoy this part of the conference, and save time to boot!
How to Record Your Club’s Video
- Assemble as many members of your club together with your club banner.
- Make sure your club name is visible on the banner.
- When your camera person says GO, GET CREATIVE – your club should show all the excitement and pride that you have for your club (ie: waving arms, yelling out as if you’re cheering for your favorite sports team, this is your 15 seconds of FAME!)
- A few practice runs will get the blood and energy flowing.
- Record the video on a smartphone by holding it sideways (horizontal or landscape)
- After 15-20 seconds, end the recording. (We are only taking the best 5-10 seconds of each video).
- Watch the video to ensure both your members and club name on the banner are in the video.
Deadline: April 10, 2017
All videos must be uploaded no later than April 10, 2017
Submit your video at:
You DO NOT need a Dropbox account to upload your video.
Video Upload Instructions:
- Enter your Club Name in the ‘First name’ field.
- Enter your Club Number in the ‘Last name’ field.
- Enter your contact email in the email field so we can reach you in the event of a problem.
- Once your video has been submitted, please send an email with the name of your club, and the contact information of your current President and VP of Public Relations to [email protected], just in case we need to request a new submission.
Please Note: We will contact you only in the event that your uploaded video is damaged or otherwise unusable.
Video Recording Tips:
Use your smartphone to record the video by holding your phone in the horizontal, or landscape, format. If using a DSLR or other digital video camera, we suggest the 1920 x 1080 or the 1280 x 720 at 30fps setting (a standard on most cameras)
Video File Formats:
If sending directly from smartphone you likely don’t need to worry about formats. If you use a DSLR we recommend using one of the following formats: .MOV or .MP4 (H.264) if you are unsure of file format send us what you have and we’ll try to convert it for you.
If you encounter any issues uploading your video, please send an email to:
Miniimah Saafir, CC, ALB
Spring Conference Virtual Parade of Banners Chair
Prompt Action Bonus!
The first 50 clubs to submit their videos will have the chance to win one of four $25 Toastmasters International gift certificates. Drawing to be held at the Spring Conference.