Have fun, meet new people, share the Toastmaster’s experience.
The Traveling Gavel began its journey at the home club of the District Director. From there, it’s up to you and your fellow Toastmasters to help it wend its way throughout the District.
, captured the Traveling Gavel on December 13, 2016
The NWTM Bandits #1, #2, #3 and #4 invaded Hudson River Toastmasters on December 13th. The 13th was not HRT lucky day as they lost possession of District 46 nomadic novelty known as THE TRAVELING GAVEL! Our bandits told jokes, evaluated and generally evaluated to distract HRT and steal the mobil item.
NWTM will proudly display this power symbolizing item until such time another D46 Club challenges us. Who Dares?
To capture the Gavel from this club contact Helena Rodriguez, (914) 441-0132, (914) 471-6508
Click to view meeting and contact information for this club.
It all started back in the time of Regional Conferences in the summer of 2008. District 53 launched one in each of their divisions. They had so much fun with them – one club set out to capture all of them – that they made one for each district in the region and gave one to D46 at a regional conference. They did it with a lot of fanfare, beeping bicycle horns and a big monster gavel cart.
- Encourage joint Toastmaster Club meetings
- Share talents and knowledge of communication and leadership
- Extend the fellowship of Toastmasters
- Three (or more) Toastmaster members, from the same club, visit the target club that currently holds the Traveling Gavel. Please call ahead to announce your intent to visit and offer to help with the program.
- The visiting Toastmasters must participate in the target club’s meeting in some way.
- The visiting Toastmasters ‘Capture’ the Traveling Gavel at the end of the meeting. They sign and date the Gavel Log, and take the captured Traveling Gavel and Gavel Log for display at their home club’s next meeting.
- As soon as the Traveling Gavel is captured, the visiting Toastmasters must announce the Gavel’s new place of residence on this website.
- The Traveling Gavel and Gavel Log will be displayed at each subsequent club meeting, or until it is captured by visiting Toastmasters from another club.
- Clubs may capture the gavel more than once, but a club may not capture the gavel right back from the club that captured it from them.
If your club has captured the Gavel, click to record the new location of the Traveling Gavel.
|Clubs Capturing the Traveling Gavel|
|Date||Club Number & Name||Visiting Members|
|December 13, 2016||Anne Sarles, David Bonino, Sami Rodriguez, Helena Rodriguez|
|September 26, 2016||Ralph Quintero, Dianne Marino, Tom Marino|
|April 26, 2016||Jennifer Cockrell, Matt Dyson, Dmitry Misherov, Jamin Ma|
|April 6, 2016||Jay Son, Bernadette Sebzda, Cathe McGowan, Julio Guerrero, Janet Forest, Alice Qin, Diana Beck, Rafael Ovalle|
|November 7, 2015||Shari Perkins, Milton Valentine, Yosjaira Matos|
|October 7, 2015||Robinson Chin, Mark LaVergne, Steve Chen, Jason Lu, Ena Wu, Peter Ng, Barbara Lee|
|September 8, 2015||Bob Bowes, Robert Guddahl, Boris Yakubov, Metodi Penchev, Frank Zambrano|
|July 1, 2015|