Dear Toastmasters and Friends,
What brought you to Toastmasters? Was it to improve your speaking and communication skills? Or maybe to learn to become a more effective leader? Whatever the reason, you’re here now reaping the benefits of this wonderful organization. Don’t be selfish. Share the benefits of Toastmasters with your community, place of employment or even your social network of family and friends. In this way, your club will benefit, you will achieve your goals and others will have the opportunity to connect, grow and achieve.
Reasons to Join
The following are some benefits your club will gain by retaining & attaining members. With more members, we gain:
- Better club programs; more variety, experiences, and resources to draw upon and enrich the entire program
- Depth of club leadership
- Greater representation of Toastmasters throughout your community or organization
- Greater financial resources for club programming and projects
- More people served and helped by the Toastmasters’ programs
- More enthusiasm at club meetings
The growth of your club depends on seven factors. Take all these factors into account when preparing for your club’s membership growth and retention goals.
- Effective club program quality makes Toastmasters worthwhile for both new and old members
- Continuous promotion of Toastmasters throughout your community or organization
- Use of proven “sales” techniques to develop guests from prospects and members from guests
- Retention of current members
- Competition within the club, area, division, and district
- Recognition of those Toastmasters who go out of their way to sponsor new members and make other contributions to the club’s overall strength
- Practice the four keys to success in club meetings: variety, fun, time limits, and manual speeches.
The Moments of Truth (http://www.toastmasters.org/Resources/Moments-of-Truth)
The Moments of Truth evaluation is an objective look at your club’s program to determine how these can be improved for obtaining and retaining members. Experience has shown that clubs that maintain a high standard of excellence in club programming, operation, management, member participation and community activities have a large membership. The Moments of Truth evaluation will help unite what may have been a fragmented assortment of programs and activities into a cohesive marketing system.
What Brought You Here?
Most of us joined Toastmasters to become more effective communicators and leaders. People stay in Toastmasters because the club is meeting their individual needs. What brought you here & keeps you in Toastmasters is the single most important factor in achieving your goals. Share the benefits of Toastmasters with your community, place of employment or even your social network of family and friends. In this way, your club will benefit, you will achieve your goals and others will have the opportunity to connect, grow and achieve.
Tom Marino, DTM
District Director, 2016 – 2017
Connect, Grow, Achieve