Golden Gavel Award
The Golden, Silver, or Bronze Gavel will be awarded to clubs achieving high standards of participation throughout the year.
To qualify for this prestigious award, clubs must meet the following criteria by June 30, 2022:
- Proxy submitted on-time for the Toastmasters Annual Convention in August 2021
- At least one member completing their Pathways Path with Level 5 awarded to this club, as well as at least 4 club officers complete at least one level
- Minimum 20 members or base+5
– OR –
Any membership award (Smedley, Talk Up Toastmasters or Beat the Clock)
- Minimum of 10% increase of membership base as measured on December 31, 2021 as well as June 30, 2022
- Conduct Moments of Truth self-assessment – documentation to be submitted
– OR –
Club continues to meet at least twice per month from July 2021 – June 2022 (or at least once a month for clubs who have always met once per month) – screenshots to be provided with date
- Publish a club newsletter, club website, Facebook page, or club Meetup
- Send contestants to both Area Contests
- At least one member must complete service as a club coach, mentor or sponsor as awarded by Toastmasters International for the current Toastmasters year or have been appointed during the current Toastmasters year at least 3 months as club mentor, of a club in District 46. If a person is a member of multiple District 46 clubs, all of these clubs can take credit for the qualifying coach/sponsor/mentor roles for Gavel purposes.
– OR –
have conducted a Speechcraft or a Youth Leadership Program
- Achieve 10 Distinguished Club Program (DCP) goals
By July 5, 2022, submit documentation for items 4, 5, 6, & 7 USING THIS FORM
District Golden Gavel awarded to clubs meeting all requirements.
District Silver Gavel awarded to clubs meeting eight requirements.
District Bronze Gavel awarded to clubs meeting seven requirements.