Dear Fellow Toastmasters,
At this holiday season, I wish you and your family all the best. Thank you so much for your hard work and excellent work. I appreciate it a lot. We work together to support clubs and members achieve excellence.
First, I want to share some good news:
- According to Toastmasters International, District 46 is #1 in the percentage of Club officers enrolled in Pathways as of November 1, for the 15 Districts where Pathways rolled out on May 15; and #2 among the 15 Districts for active members enrolled.
- We already have 35 Clubs with at least 5 DCP goals in the end of November.
- Our TLI summer training made history, we had 28 training sessions, 1,170 club officers trained, 189 clubs with 4 club officers trained and 80 clubs with 7 club officers trained.
Secondly, I want to update you on the TLI Winter Training, Pathways webinar, Contests, and Mid-year Leadership Conference.
- Our TLI Winter training has started as of December 6th. We will have the successful TLI training season from December through February. I already see a lot of club officers signed up for it. Don't forget to get at least 4 club officers trained so that the club can earn the DCP goal 9.b. And, in our TLI winter training session, we have a new session - Best Practices Dialog. We invite our club officers to share their best practices. We know our club officers are supporting the clubs and members in the daily base. We want to recognize all their contribution.
- Our Pathways webinars began in November and had 3 successful webinars. Twice a month, the Pathways team and I will provide the training and answer the questions from members and clubs. Stay tuned with us!
- Our Mid-Year Leadership Conference will be held on January 12, 2019 at 9:30 am to 3:00 pm at 430 East 67th St. The Mid-Year Leadership Conference team has sent out the invitation to the district leaders, division directors, area directors and club officers. It will be a successful event and I hope I could see you there.
- The International Speech and Speech Evaluation Contests will begin at the club level in February, area level in March, division level in April, and the District finals will be held on May 18, 2019 during our Annual District Conference. We will have two webinars on the contests to guide the club officers how to organize the club contests and be chief judges on January 9, 2019 and January 23, 2019. Download the contest rule book and other contest aids from the District 46 website.
Finally, We have done a good job and we have so many exciting things ahead of us. Let us work together as a team to support clubs and members achieve excellence. We grow together.
Alice Qin, DTM
Program Quality Director