Call for Education Workshop Presenters
District 46 Annual Conference
Saturday, May 2, 2020
Theme: "Imagine the Future"
New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott, East Elmhurst, NY
Do you have expertise in some area relevant to Toastmasters? You might be a perfect workshop presenter at the District 46 Annual Conference. We are seeking speakers with proven skills in areas of Communication, Leadership, or Personal growth. This is your opportunity to educate, instruct and inspire the approximately 300 attendees at the conference -- the educational workshops are a highlight of the day.
Each workshop should be 45 minutes in length, and there will be a 5 minute “wrap up” time for evaluations and final questions. You will be responsible for building any additional Q&A time you feel appropriate into your 45 minutes. The Conference Education committee will review your submission and let you know by March 31st whether your proposal has been accepted. Several alternates will also be chosen.
To apply for consideration please complete and submit the application no later than March 15, 2020. For additional information email Education Chair Penelope Boehm, DTM, PDG at Penelope.BoehmTM@gmail.com or call 212-864-6765.
Read Before You Apply
Workshop presenters may not compete in the District 46 Speech Contest Finals nor run for District office. If selected to present at the conference you must agree to neither compete in either of the District 46 Contest Finals nor run for elected District office.
Please include in your application:
- A recent, high-resolution (minimum 800 x 600 pixels, JPG, TIF, PNG) photo that can be used to promote your workshop.
- Any references or reviews that you would like to provide.
- Optionally, it would be helpful for you to provide a URL link to a video which shows your presentation skills.
- According to Toastmasters International, a workshop presenter CANNOT be compensated for his/her workshop, and is responsible for her/his own transportation expenses to the conference.
- If you wish to attend the conference including meals and contests, you will be offered a discount rate of $115.00.
- You will be asked to sign a standard Toastmasters Speakers contract.
- Your presentation may not include any “sales pitch” but upon request you will be provided a table at the conclusion of your workshop for sales. You are responsible for any shipping and your own materials and monetary transactions.
Presenter Application - Complete and Submit by March 15, 2020